- Enhance program health through curricular innovation, expanded and diversified funding, fostering
partner relationships and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ensure a high quality training experience within a nurturing, constructive and collaborative
environment that emphasizes continuity of care, community health, cultural competence, patient
safety and patient advocacy.
- Train and retain physicians who practice in underserved areas providing clinically excellent care while
addressing social determinants of health.
- Recruit and retain residents that represent the diverse communities we serve.
- Promote a clinical learning environment that supports communication, connection, compassion, wellbeing and joy.
- Teach residents to work in a multidisciplinary team within a patient centered medical home that
provides compassionate and empathetic delivery of culturally relevant quality healthcare to
Valley Health Team Family Medicine Residency Program is committed to teaching and training the next generation of high quality family medicine physicians.
Our Mission is to be the program of choice for family medicine residents who are committed to the
underserved and vulnerable and will serve those communities in the San Joaquin Valley throughout their
careers. We will train and graduate highly skilled clinicians who model professionalism, empathy, and a
culture of safety. Our program emphasizes multidisciplinary patient centered, culturally competent and
Please contact our Program Coordinator for more information!